Self-Paced (4.5 Hours)
This self-paced course covers the concept of disaster, recovery sites, disaster recovery or DR and business continuity or BC issues, and the planning process.
Objectives: After this course, you will be able to:
• Describe what a “disaster” is and what it is not.
• Describe the difference between DRP and BCP.
• Describe the importance of remote recovery sites in DRP.
• Describe the importance of storage architecture in DRP and BCP.
• Describe the issues involved in disaster recovery and business continuity.
• Use decision trees to design recovery plans.
• Use decision trees to develop BCPs.
• Discuss the features and functions of VMware products that map to tasks within the creation of DRPs and BCPs.
Intended Audience: SEs (VMware/Partner) seeking certification to become a VMware Technical Pre-Sales Professional.
Outline: This course consists of the following modules:
• Module 1: Introduction to Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity
• Module 2: Using Decision Trees to Design Recovery Plans
• Module 3: Using Decision Trees to Design Business Continuity Plans
• Module 4: Mapping VMware Product Features to DRPs and BCPs