Well I did it, I scheduled my VCAP-DCD for Tuesday February 26th. I have a lot I want to cover between now and then and here is what I will be doing.
- APAC #vBrownBag VCAP-DCD recordings (done but will likely listen to them a few more times)
- Clustering Deep Dive (about half way done)
- VMware Press books – storage and building a vDC
- Mastering vSphere 5 (re-read)
- DR/BCP course from VMware available on MyLearn
That doesn’t seem like nearly enough as I write it out.
Well that sucked, 3 days later I am over it…a bit. I am not upset that I failed but upset I got away from my original plan of how/what/when to study for my VCP5-DV. Here is my plan.
- Test rescheduled Tuesday.
- Practices test and re-reading key chapters from Scott Lowe’s vSphere book – primarily on HA/DRS, Storage, Monitoring and VUM.
- Mike Preston’s OMG Study Guide Monday night for last minute cram/refresh
- Marking questions I am not totally sure of, but ONLY changing answers if another question later on helps me figure out a better answer.
- I am boycotting reading about the VSA and VDR since I got slammed with Q’s on my first test (okay not really just being annoyed about that). I will probably read the tech white paper on both this weekend.
My original post about prepping for the exam can be found here: https://jonathanfrappier.wordpress.com/2012/07/31/vcp5-study-prep/
Wanna be VMware geek since 3.5, VCP5-DV, Social Enterprise advocate, All around IT rock star, fantasy sports guru, dad, husband. VCAP-DCD next? Connect with me at http://www.linkedin.com/in/jonathanfrappier and https://twitter.com/jfrappier